Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hollow Jan



Often called Hollow January this five piece band hails from Seoul, South Korea. I JUST discovered these guys and I have to say, obtaining their music has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. They have often been compared to other asian melodramatic hardcore bands such as early Envy and Heaven In Her Arms. When I first heard them I was astounded at the similarity between them and Envy(even more astounded that Korea had a hardcore scene) I immediately picked up their newest full length called "Rough Draft in Progress" which has got to be one of the most phenomenal albums to ever come out of asia; it can be purchased here I've Come For Your Children Records. So far they've had a total of 4 albums two of which are currently unavailable in the US. One of their ep's that is not available to the US is called "Hyacinthus Orietalis of Purple" but if you go to their Myspace you can get a little taste for it. Bellow I've included a live video of the title track of the ep; watch it to see what I mean by being similar to Envy! Their Rough Draft cd is also below for dl, though I do highly recommend you grab one for yourself if you like it.

Hyacinthus Orietalis of Purple (Live)



Rough Draft In Progress (2007)
roughdraftinprogress-hj

1 comment:

deadmanxwalking said...

I'm very impressed with this blog.
Thank you for taking time out of your day to do this.
It's appreciated more than any texted pixels can convey. Music means more than life itself for me. It almost feels as if I'm a one man search-party looking for new bands/musicians to listen to, seeing as my friends aren't as open minded about music. Thank you again. Keep up the great work. :)